- Hiccup is a better actor than Mark Hamill.
- Gobber is missing two limbs. Obi-Wan just lost his head.
- Princess Leia may be a good shot with the blaster, but Astrid can throw a Viking battle-axe.
- Light-sabers may glow and make cool noises, but dragons fly, breathe fire, and come rescue you when you're in trouble.
- The people who wrote "How to Train Your Dragon" had a sense of humor.
- Luke's prosthetic hand is just as good as his old one. There's no cost. Hiccup, on the other hand... or should I say foot...
- Stoic the Vast has a village to feed and protect. Darth Vader just struts around and strangles people when he gets mad.
- Hiccup has friends his own age.
- It is much more fun to see someone learning how to tame a dragon than learning how to move boring rocks with their mind.
- If the clones have a war with the droids, does it really matter if anyone gets hurt? I cared about the Vikings---they were people! And as Toothless and Hiccup become friends, the dragons started to feel like people too. I CARED!
Thursday, April 1, 2010
SPOILER WARNING - please go see the movie before you read this list!
Posted by Rebecca J. Carlson at 9:10 PM